Heart Failure Program
Hamilton Healthcare System offers a physician
education and one-on-one medical supervision for patients living with congestive heart failure.
Heart failure is a serious illness in which the heart doesn't pump blood through your body as efficiently as it should.
Heart failure symptoms include:
- Sudden weight gain from fluid retention (2-3 lbs overnight or 3-5lbs in one week)
- Shortness of breath or coughing while lying down
- Increases in swelling of the lower limbs
- Trouble sleeping
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat
- Frequent dry, hacking cough
- Increased fatigue and weakness
- Reduced ability to exercise
- Nausea and decreased appetite
- Decreased concentration or alertness.
This disease can progress rapidly, causing fluid buildup in the lungs and resulting in hospitalization.
The goal of Hamilton Healthcare System's Heart Failure Program is to prevent hospitalization and help heart failure patients achieve a better quality of life through:
Education & Self-Awareness
Fluid Weight Monitoring
Our heart failure program was designed for inpatients and outpatients with physician referral. Program costs are covered by most insurance including Medicare.
While heart failure does affect how you live, with proper medication and healthy lifestyle changes, you may still lead an active and satisfying lifestyle.
Let us show you the way!