Public Information and Notices
The Hamilton County Hospital District Board of Directors will generally meet at 12:00 p.m. on the fourth Friday of each month in the Board Room of Hamilton General Hospital, 400 North Brown, Hamilton, Texas, unless postponed or canceled. All meetings of the Board, including the agenda and the posting of items to be considered, shall be held in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code sections 551.001, et seq.
Board Agendas may be viewed via the following links:
The Hamilton County Hospital District follows the guidelines of Texas Tax Code in the establishment of tax rates and posting of tax rate information.
The Hamilton County Hospital District Board of Directors submitted revisions to the District’s enabling legislation to the 82nd Texas Legislature in December 2010.
The Hamilton County Hospital District was created in 1987, with minor revisions made in 1989. Because no changes had been made for over 20 years, the district modernized its governing statutes mainly to update language and references to outside statutes.
The substantive revisions are as follows:
- Allow for an election to expand the district’s territory if petitioned by voters of a defined territory that is not included in the district.
- Revise provisions regarding the district’s territory, including the revision of how directors are elected.
- Revise election notice procedures to follow the Election Code.
- Authorize the district to issue bonds payable from a pledge of taxes and revenues – any bonds supported by taxes must be approved by an election of the voters.
- Authorize the district to borrow money from a bank for short term purposes.
- Add a provision for a dissolution process.
The board is required annually to have an audit made of the district's financial condition. The annual audit is open to inspection during regular business hours in the adminstration office or the audit may be viewed by through the links below.
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) has received federal approval of a waiver that allows the state to expand Medicaid managed care while preserving hospital funding, provides incentive payments for health care improvements and directs more funding to hospitals that serve large numbers of uninsured patients.
Planning and implementation of Waiver activities will be achieved through Regional Healthcare Partnerships (RHPs) based on geographical location and patient flow. Each RHP will devise and submit a Regional Healthcare Plan with a common goal of re-shaping health care within their communities by improving access to the high quality affordable care. The plan will identify the participating partners, community needs, proposed projects and funding distribution.
INSTRUCTIONS TO OFFERORS
1. Proposals will be received by HAMILTON COUNTY HOSPITAL DISTRICT HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT, 400 North Brown, Hamilton, Texas 76531, until the date and time specified below.
2. All sealed proposals must physically be received prior to this time in the Human Resources Department in order to be considered for award. Facsimile or e-mail offers cannot be accepted since the sealed bid requirement cannot be satisfied by these means. In the case of a Competitive Request for Proposal (RFP) because of the potentially proprietary nature of offers and to maintain the integrity of any negotiations, offers will not be publicly exposed until a final contract is awarded.
3. Four copies of the Proposal form and all associated documents, typewritten or printed/written in ink must be submitted. Failure to follow any of the instructions above will be considered grounds for disqualification of the bid. All bid materials must be submitted in a sealed envelope and must be properly labeled on the OUTSIDE of the envelope and mailed or delivered as follows:
Hamilton County Hospital District
Attn: Human Resources Department
400 North Brown
Hamilton, Texas 76531
Request for Proposal
457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan Administration
Due: October 14, 2011
For more information or for bid package, contact HCHD at the above location.